How do I connect my Android phone to my Chevrolet?
Video guide to pairing your Android phone to your Chevrolet infotainment system
How do you connect an Android phone to a Chevrolet vehicle? The video guide below will show you step-by-step instructions for pairing your phone to your car. You can find Chevy models equipped with wireless Android Auto here at Carl Black Orlando in Orlando, FL.
If you haven’t paired your phone with your new Chevrolet vehicle yet, you’re missing out on some cool functions. This video will show you, with visuals, how to quickly pair your phone to your car. We’ve transcribed the steps below.
Step-by-step written instructions for pairing your phone to your vehicle
Before you get started, pull over and put your vehicle in park. You’ll need to use your phone and your vehicle’s touchscreen, so you won’t want to be driving. Make sure you have the app downloaded before you begin.
- Download the Android Auto app on your devices from Google Play.
- Put your vehicle in park.
- Turn your phone’s Bluetooth on in discoverable mode.
- Tap the Android Auto icon on your car’s infotainment system.
- Choose to connect a phone.
- On your phone, select your vehicle’s name from the Bluetooth options.
- Tap “Pair” on both screens.
- Read the terms and conditions.
- Once terms and conditions are accepted, your phone will automatically be projected on your vehicle’s screen.
What can you use Android Auto for in a Chevy?
If this is your first time using Android Auto, you might not know all it can do. Android Auto basically gives you the capabilities of your phone through your vehicle’s touchscreen and speakers. Here are the functions you’ll enjoy.
- Make hands-free phone calls
- Access music apps and play music through your car’s speakers
- Listen to podcasts and other entertainment options
- And more!