What is the 2020 Chevy Silverado Z71 Off-Road Package?
2020 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 Off-Road Package FAQs
If you’re looking into getting a Chevrolet Silverado as your next truck (a path we highly recommend), you may have come across something called the Z71 Off-Road Package. Just what the heck is this thing? What does it contain, and what does it do? Read on below to find out.
Want your very own Z71 Off-Road Package? View Our New Chevy Silverado Inventory!
The 2020 Chevy Silverado Z71 Off-Road Package includes a multitude of features geared towards, as the name suggests, successful off-roading. It’s available on almost every Silverado, coming standard on Trail Boss models, but not available on Custom.
Highlight features of the Z71 Off-Road Package include:
- Hill Descent Control
- High-capacity air filter
- Skid Plates
How much does it cost? On the 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 build page, adding on the Off-Road Package costs $350. Prices may vary due to trim and other factors.
What does the Z71 Off-Road Package contain?
In total, the Z71 Off-Road Package gifts the 2020 Chevrolet Silverado with:
- Z71 Off-Rad suspension with Rancho™ twin tube shocks (Rancho monotube shocks on Trail Boss)
- Hill Descent Control
- Skid plates
- Heavy-duty air filter with industry-first air filter monitor
- Metal underbody shield
- Z71 hard badge (TW, LT, RST and LTZ models)
- 2-speed Auto-Trac Transfer case (WT, LT, RST and LTZ models)
- 18” all-terrain Blackwall tires (LT, RST and LTZ models)
- 18” Bright Silver painted aluminum wheels (LT and RST models)
- Automatic Locking Rear Differential (WT, LT and RST models)
- Dual exhaust with polished tips (LT, RST and LTZ models)
- May require additional optional equipment
Z71 Off-Road and Protection Package
In addition, Chevy offers a Z71 Off-Road and Protection Package. This package throws several more features into the mix, including a Chevytec spray-on bedliner and all-weather front and wrap floor liners (with the Z71 emblem).
As the name suggests, the goal of these additions is to keep your vehicle protected, even in rugged off-roading conditions.
You May Also Be Wondering: What engines are available in the 2020 Silverado Heavy Duty lineup?
How do the features on the Z71 package improve off-road capabilities?
The features included in the Z71 Off-Road Package improve capabilities in a myriad of ways. For example, the automatic-locking rear differential grants improved forward motion in low-traction situations.
The system reacts in milliseconds when needed, giving equal power to both rear wheels in order to maintain optimal traction. Meanwhile, Hill Descent Control uses antilock braking to automatically provide a smooth descent on steep terrain.