2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD
The 2018 Silverado 3500 HD is a heavy-duty, hard-working pickup truck made by Chevrolet. Since it hit the pick-up truck market in 1998, these tough trucks have been at the top of their class in tow and haul capability, cargo organization of storage, driver-centric design features, and styling that not only enhances the bold look of the Silverado but also improves its function. The 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD can handle any task you throw at it. These trucks obviously make great work trucks with their powerful engines and powertrains making towing large loads a breeze, but they also make great recreational vehicles. With adjustable driver condition modes and the towing capability to haul small to large recreational vehicles from kayaks to boats to quads, these trucks will not disappoint drivers looking for a truly dependable and durable workhorse of a pick-up truck, for work or play.
Fuel Tank Capacity:
For drivers who want to further customize their Silverado, there are several available special edition models. The Centennial Edition adds chrome details to tow hooks; door handles mirror caps, and belt lines, 22-inch wheels with chrome inserts, bowtie emblem floor mats, a Centennial blue exterior paint color, and a spray-in bed liner with Chevy bowtie details. Chevy fans love the Redline Editions, and it’s no wonder. The Redline pops with 20-inch black wheels with red accents, red tow hooks, red outlined Silverado badges, black bow ties, mirror caps, grille surrounds, headliner trim, and front and rear bumpers. For drivers who want a bold and dynamic look to their 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD, the Midnight Edition offers 18-inch black wheels, black emblem details, mirror caps, and door handles. Badging on the Midnight Edition has a larger and bolder look, and Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac off-road tires complete this special edition Silverado. Drivers can also add striping details to their Silverado with the Rally 1 or Rally 2 packages. Striping detail, larger wheels, and gloss black detailing are the highlights of these additions.
Additional packages to further customize your Silverado include:
- High Desert – This option adds a sporty look and more cargo protection in rough environments. Features, such as a sports bar with a sail panel, flexible locking storage system, lighted side storage boxes, 20-inch wheels with all-season tires, specially designed tonneau cover, and available magnetic ride control, give drivers an off-road and rough condition edge to their Silverado HD.
- Custom Sport HD – the Custom Sport HD option gives drivers 20-inch aluminum wheels, chrome bodyside molding, mirror caps, and door handles, front and rear park assist, a spray-on bed liner, and body-color front grille and bumpers.
- Realtree – This is the option for outdoor enthusiasts, Chevy paired with RealTree to create a truck that was perfect for any outdoor lovers needs. This option gives drivers everything they need to tackle the outdoors, like Rancho shocks, off-road assist steps, bold badging, camo bowtie emblem details, an optional camo graphics pater, and a black leather interior.
With so many special additions and package options, drivers can truly make their 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD their own.
Bumper to bumper, the 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is designed to work hard and look good. The interior and the exterior of this heavy-duty pick-up has been enhanced for 2018, giving drivers the look and performance they expect from a Chevy Silverado. Ease of access for drivers and their tow load is enhanced by features such as:
- Spray-On Bedliner – Factory-installed, this accessory adds a lot to your Silverado. This spray-on bed liner adds a permanent layer on to the cargo box of our pick-up that is water sealed and branded with the Chevy bowtie emblem and helps prevent scratches, dings, dents, and discoloration on the bed of your truck.
- Cargo Tie-Downs and Bed Lamps – Your cargo will stay secure and stable with available cargo tie-downs that can hold up to 250 lbs per tie-down while in the bed of your truck. The bed lamps are a must-have for loading cargo in the dark when a job goes a bit longer than you expected, or you are working on a task for work or play, at night.
- Cornerstep Rear Bumper – Never struggle to get in and out of your cargo bed again with this handy addition. This corner step bumper is class exclusive, and makes loading, rearranging, organizing, and unloading easier than ever before.
Drivers can also add a factory installed fifth wheel package that includes accessories like a bed tool box to keep all of your needed tools organized and on-hand, assistance steps, and a hard, folding tonneau cover to keep cargo safe and secure.
The engine options on the Silverado HD gives drivers the over the top power that they need to tow and haul serious loads. Any towing task is possible with the right engine and transmission pairing, along with driver awareness features and tech that enhances confidence and capability for such heavy-duty hauling tasks. The 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is offered in 4 engine options:
- 3500 Gas – offers 360 horsepower, a max payload of 4390 lbs, and a max towing (without 5th wheel) of 14,500 lbs.
- 3500 Diesel – offers 445 horsepower, a 4230 max payload, and a max towing capability (without 5th wheel) of 15,000 lbs.
- 3500 DRW Gas – offers 360 horsepower, 7153 maximum payload, and a max towing of 14,300 lbs (without 5th wheel)
- 3500 DRW Diesel – offers 445 horsepower, 5518 lbs of max payload, and a whopping 20,000 lbs towing capability (without 5th wheel)
Along with the Silverado’s amazing engine power that makes towing such large loads possible, Chevy created a system of performance tech that goes along with their towing packages to enhance driver awareness and driver control while hauling and towing cargo.
- Tow and Haul Mode – This tech adjusts the transmission on the Silverado to reduce shift cycling when you are towing and hauling up steep hills and inclines. This makes towing safer and more controlled to keep both drivers, others on the road, and your cargo safe and secure.
- Stabilitrak with Trailer Sway Control – Technology that alerts drivers to what is happening with their cargo is key to safe and effective towing. This tech detects trailer sway and applies vehicle and trailer brakes to get your trailering cargo back where it is intended to be.
- Hill Start Assist – This valuable towing tech allows drivers more time to switch from braking to accelerating without having their truck and trailer rollback.
- Digital Steering Assist – By making your cargo more stable on the highway, this tech is a valuable addition to any Silverado who has to travel on the highway for work or recreation tasks.
Additional driver awareness technology that is available on the 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD is a trailering camera system, a rear vision camera, and trailering mirrors. Enhanced braking technology includes diesel exhaust braking, trailer brake controls, auto grade braking, and 4-wheel disc brakes with Duralife rotors.
With these engine capabilities, tow and haul capacities, and optional driver assist technology, it’s easy to see why the 2018 Chevy Silverado 3500HD sits at the top of its class with both critics and drivers alike who need a tough, capable, dependable, heavy-duty pickup truck.