2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
Brought to the pick-up truck market in 1988 by Chevrolet, the Silverado 2500HD is a heavy-duty pickup truck that does not disappoint when it comes to work or play. Now in its fourth generation, the Silverado 2500HD remains a favorite pick-up truck for heavy-duty trucks of both drivers and critics alike. Bold, powerful design elements compliment not only the way the Silverado 2500HD looks on the road but also enhances the performance and capability of this popular truck. Heavy tow capabilities are paired with powerful powertrain configurations to create a powerhouse of towing and cargo capacity, perfect for any recreational or work-related task. For the 2018 model year, new special models celebrating the 100 years of Chevrolet trucks having been introduced for the Silverado. Whether you are looking for a weekend warrior or a seriously capable, dependable and tough work truck, the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD will tackle with ease any task you throw at it.
Max Towing Capacity
The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD comes in a whopping ten special edition models.
- Midnight – The Midnight edition features bold black styling, aggressive performance, GoodYear Wrangler Duratrac off-road tires, and when combined with the Z71 off-road package, delivers a ton of style and power. Black 18 inch wheels, Chevrolet emblems, door handles, and mirror caps all come together for an aggressive look.
- Rally 1 and 2 – The Rally editions add Rally striping on the hood and sides of our Silverado, 20 or 22-inch black wheels and gives drivers a sporty, edgy look they love.
- High Desert – The High Desert is sporty and high-class all at the same time. Lux materials and styling on the outside complement the exterior design. Smooth ride technology, side storage boxes that are lighted, sports bars, and a lockable storage system are only a few of the nice upgraded touches on this edition.
- Real Tree – For their sportiest edition yet, Chevrolet paired with the Real Tree Company to create a custom Silverado that is perfect for the outdoorsy type. Camo accent on the interior seating, black leather details, exterior Real Tree camo accents, and black bow ties come together to create a dynamic looking Silverado that outdoor lovers will love.
- Special Ops – Partnering with Navy SEAL Museum, the Special OPS edition of the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is big, bold, and for a good cause. Details like 20-inch wheels, black bow ties, Naval inspired graphics, bed-mounted sports bar, dark tinted windows, and more make this a favorite among Silverado drivers.
- Alaskan – For those who need rough weather gear on their truck, The Alaskan fits the bill. With upgraded DuraTrac tires, a standard V6 engine, Alaskan bear graphics, 18-inch wheels, and a snow plow prep package, this Silverado edition is a force to be reckoned with in any rough weather.
No matter what edition you choose, the Silverado 2500HD will give drivers everything they need to tackle even the toughest tasks in any road conditions or weather. Speak to your local GMC, Chevrolet, and Buick dealer today to find out which Silverado Edition is right for you!
The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD was designed with drivers in mind. Bumper to bumper, on the interior and the exterior, the Silverado is intuitive, tough, and capable. The interior cabin is built with sound-deadening materials, like triple-sealed doors and special materials that let drivers and passengers enjoy conversation and music without the distraction of obtrusive road noises. Steering wheel controls are designed with the driver in mind with infotainment, cruise, and phone controls built right into the steering wheel.
On the exterior the design of the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD is bold and truly makes a statement on the road. Like all good design, its features not only make it look great, they also serve an important purpose by improving its overall function. Built for the toughest jobs, the steel body frame can stand up to any task you throw at it. Additional and available features like spray on bed liners, cargo tie-downs, bed lamps, and corner step rear bumpers add to the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD’s looks and capability on the road and on the job.
The 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD has a towing capacity of 14,800 lbs with the standard Vortec 6 Liter V8 engine and up to an incredible 18,100 lbs with the Duramax 6.6 Liter Turbo Diesel V8 engine. With all of that tow capacity, it’s a good thing that Chevrolet gave the Silverado high- powered performance to back it all up. Towing technology abounds on the Silverado 2500HD and is another reason this truck comes in best-in-class in its tow and haul capability. Trailering technology addresses common concerns of haulers like stability, visibility, and braking control. A few popular available trailering technologies are:
- Stabilitrak with Trailer Sway Control – This advanced radar tech detects when the trailer gets out of line and gently applies trailer brakes to get it back in line where it was intended to be.
- Hill Start Assist – Holds brakes in place while drivers move from brakes to gas on inclines or hills to avoid rollback, giving them extra time to make the adjustment safely.
- Digital Steering Assist – Electronic controls make for a safer drive by helping to keep the truck and trailer stable on all kinds of terrain and road conditions.
- Camera Systems – Available camera systems, such as the Echomaster Trailering Camera System, rear vision camera, and trailering mirrors with LED lamps combine to give drivers more control over their tailored cargo.
- Advanced Braking Systems – Braking technology is key when it comes to hauling and trailering heavy cargo. Available braking technology on the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD lets drivers choose from tech like diesel exhaust brakes, integrated trailer brake controls, auto grade braking system, and 4-wheel disc brakes with duralife rotors.