Which Chevy, Buick and GMC models are getting refreshed or redesigned for 2022?
2022 GM Refreshes, Redesigns, and Brand-New Rides
While cars are released with a new year in front of their name with every global sun rotation, they only get significantly changed every few years. About every two to three years, models get a “light refresh,” where slight changes are made to keep the existing machine up-to-date. Approximately every four to six years, they get a “full redesign” where the whole model is rebuilt from the ground up.
Several GM models slated to get redesigns or refreshes for 2021 were postponed. Which ones are getting refreshed or redesigned for 2022?
View the latest GM incarnations in our new inventory!
In our calculations, seven GM models are getting a refresh, one is getting a full redesign, and at least three brand-spanking-new models will be released. Note that we’re talking Chevy, Buick and GMC here- we’re excluding Cadillac, because our dealership doesn’t sell those.
Which 2022 Chevy, Buick and GMC models are getting a refresh?
- Buick Enclave
- Will enjoy updates to front and rear styling, as well as the interior.
- Chevy Bolt EV
- Slated to include new exterior styling front and back, as well as a new interior with new seats.
- Chevy Blazer
- Expected small changes to styling and interior, and the addition of an Activ trim level.
- Chevy Equinox/Chevy Traverse
- New front and rear end styling, bringing them in line with the latest Chevy Blazer. A new RS trim level will hop aboard the Equinox lineup.
- Chevy Malibu
- This machine will get one final round of changes before it’s axed in 2024.
- Chevy Silverado 1500 / GMC Sierra 1500
- The pickups are scheduled for freshly restyled front and rear ends and completely redesigned interiors. The Silverado will be offered in a new ZR2 trim level, and may feature new box technology.
- GMC Terrain
- The 2022 Terrain will enjoy restyled front and rear ends, minor interior updates, a fresh head-up display, and a new AT4 trim level.
Which 2022 Chevy, Buick and GMC models are getting a redesign?
- Buick Envision GX (Three-Row)
- A three-row incarnation of the all-new 2021 Envision is expected to join the lineup and seat seven passengers.
What brand-new Chevy, Buick and GMC models are coming out for 2022?
- Chevy Bolt EUV
- EUV stands for “Electric Utility Vehicle.” It’s seven inches longer than the Bolt, with the idea being greater utility.
- Chevy Small CUV
- Expected to take the place of the Chevy Spark; similar to the Spark Activ, but designed as a crossover from the get-go.
- GMC Hummer EV Pickup
- There’s not too much more to say about the upcoming Hummer EV. The Edition 1 variant is slated to go on sale in fall 2021, fitted with a three-motor setup that churns out 1,000 horsepower and 11,500 pound-feet of wheel torque.
- Rumored GEM-Based Vehicle
- In addition, some kind of new vehicle that rides on the GEM (Global Emerging Markets) platform is rumored. It was originally not intended for sale in “developed markets,” but it’s now possible it could be sold in the U.S. and Canada as an affordable sedan model.