Vehicle technician jobs open in Orlando, FL in 2021
Where can I work as a vehicle technician in the Orlando area?
Are you looking for a vehicle technician position in Orlando, FL in 2021? Look no further. We have open positions here at Carl Black Orlando. Check out our careers page or read below to learn about our open positions.
What are the duties of a vehicle technician at Carl Black Orlando?
Wondering what a day as a technician looks like at our dealership. If you have ever had your car serviced here, then you’ve met some of our service technicians. They diagnose problems and fix them. Often, they perform routine maintenance such as oil changes. Here are some job duties that you may need to perform:
- Diagnosing vehicle warning light issues
- Diagnosing vehicle problems such as odd noises, smells, or handling issues
- Writing up the service and communicating the problem to the customer
- Performing routine maintenance such as inspections, oil changes, or tire rotations
- Fixing diagnosed issues in vehicle engines, brakes, and all parts of the vehicle
- Answer questions and provide advice to customers
- Keeping work areas clean and organized
- Ordering vehicle parts for customers
What previous experience should I have to become a vehicle technician?
Previous experience varies for our vehicle technicians. Our best candidates are those that have work experience fixing vehicles, at another dealership or service shop. If you don’t have any real-world job experience, don’t worry. We can train you as a vehicle technician. Here are some things that we are looking for in an employee. If these sound like you, then you’re probably a good fit for our team.
- Familiarity with different car terms and parts
- Knowledge of Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC vehicles
- A friendly and approachable personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Completion of automotive training with an associate degree